Friday, September 29, 2006

practice sentences

These, some of my trivial thoughts while living abroad, used as content for practice sentences composed in my creative writing class...


I was in dire need; I had to attain a source of satisfaction; my mind was nearing a threshold; muzzled by my sober boredom, on the brink of ripping implosion; I had the moderately molding apple, the instrumental poking pen, the two-euro, rip-off-of-a-lighter, the intoxicating Nag Champa Indian incense; I had to get high, high like home, to my soothing, native mentality; on an expansive, idealistic, breathing journey, I wanted to inhale the grass-green, tea leaves; but there was no remedy to be found, no remedy.


Suave, without any shame, not sober, not drunk, with sexed eyes, without a heart, the Frenchman worked his waving hips into mine, below the raunchy illuminations of the dance club, and whispered upon my neck, beneath my ear, words incomprehensible to an American girl.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home